Secondary glazing is a good alternative for repairing and replacing old windows with brand-new ones. This is an excellent option for houses, flats and industrial residential or commercial properties. This independent window system is installed both on the interior and exterior part of the window. The existing windows will stay the exact same while secondary ones are readily available in the form of fixed or removable systems.
Purpose of setting up secondary glazing
When it concerns secondary glazing, you require to install glass panes and frame to old windows. Like double glazing that replaces single glazed windows, secondary glazing is added to the current windows.
The main purpose of installing them is to offer soundproofing and energy insulation to the windows. It is a low-cost method to double glazing and a terrific option in case you can not alter the existing windows due to it being listed properties. They can be bought with Do It Yourself packages and are easy to install. This will reduce the costs associated and prevent the setup charges that you would have to pay with double glazing repair in London.
Benefits of secondary glazing
- Thermal insulation
- Sound Insulation
- Window Security
- Sound Insulation
- Condensation Control
Elements to think about when selecting to install secondary glazing:
- If you are staying in grade I or II noted building, you might not be permitted to setting up double glazing
- In case of secondary glazing installation, you do not require preparing permission, it can be set up easily by the house owners.
- If you wish to keep the charm of old windows, secondary glazing is the ideal fit for the interior of existing windows. This will not change the external appearance of your home with modern double glazing repairs. They are offered in discreet forms and an excellent method of opening for quick access.
- Secondary glazing is affordable to install in comparison to double glazing. This will fit the requirement of homeowners who have a minimal budget and yet wish to preserve energy. You might minimize the costs by fitting secondary glazing on your own and hence, reduce the installation costs.
- Secondary glazing works in decreasing sound pollution considering that there is higher space in between the old windows and secondary glazing. This can help in decreasing the sound level than 2 sealed glass panes within double glazing.
Difference between secondary glazing and double glazing.
According to experts offering emergency situation glass repair, double glazing repair work forms a barrier between sound and heat and it varies where the two glass panels are sandwiched between the inner and external frame. The void between two panes is filled up with Argon gas.
On the other hand, there is strong choice for secondary glazing throughout repairs and insulation in historical buildings. This does not produce any change in the looks that comes with double glazing.
Post Sponsored by Liverpool Glass 24/7 – Your Local Glazier in Merseyside.